Terms and Conditions for Members of the UniEntry website
Note: The term ‘member’ on this website means someone who has been accepted as a member of the UniEntry website. It does not mean someone who is a registered member of UniEntry Limited.
Members agree to:
- Provide accurate and correct information in their application form
- Share UniEntry beliefs, vision and aims as expressed in the About page of its website (which may be varied from time to time)
- Always demonstrate a genuine desire to help UniEntry and not to act in any way that might harm its reputation or otherwise bring it into disrepute
- Show other members due politeness and respect
- Follow the instructions of UniEntry Board of Directors or its executives and abide by their decisions, particularly in case of any dispute or disagreement
Terms and Conditions
Membership is open to anyone over 16 years of age at the time of application who agrees to abide by these terms and conditions as well as the above agreements.
Members below 18 years of age will need to be sponsored by a parent or guardian who will be required to become their Member Sponsor.
Member Sponsors take full legal and moral responsibility for the actions and behaviour of the members they sponsor and undertake to ensure that they do not breach the terms and conditions or agreements of this site. In this regard, Member Sponsors agree to provide adequate supervision of the people they are sponsoring during any activity associated with UniEntry
Members agree to the terms of the website’s Disclaimer of Liability and Privacy Statement as well as agreeing to respect the copyright and reproduction notices. Furthermore, they agree to use the website always for its lawful and intended purpose (see Concept).
UniEntry Executives reserve the right to decline membership without giving the applicant a reason or entering into any further correspondence.
Membership will be terminated should any of the above Terms and Conditions be breached by a member and he/she fails to remedy such a breach within 7 days of notification being sent by a UniEntry executive to their currently registered email address.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
The validity, construction and performance of these Terms shall be governed by English law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
www.UniEntry.org (the website) is currently owned and operated by Maximodex Limited (the Company). The Company is registered in England and can be contacted by through its registered office address.
Copyright and Reproduction Notice
The Company is the owner of the copyright except as otherwise stated. No part of the website may be distributed, published re-utilised, extracted or reproduced in any material form except as permitted by the UK Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 and as required by the personal licence that is hereby granted to you by the Company for you to view the site for your own personal use.
Disclaimer of Liability
The company and UniEntry Executives assume no responsibility for the content of the website or any website to which it provides links and to the extent permitted by law disclaim all liability in respect of such content. Nothing in the website constitutes professional advice. The company has taken care in the preparation of this website, but make no expressed or implied warranty of any kind and assume no responsibility for errors or omissions.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is UniEntry Limited of 35 Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London E2 8AA. Our nominated person for the purposes of the Act is Will Stott.
The website is hosted by a third party. In some cases this third party may receive certain information about the people visiting the website, for example their IP address. However, all the personal information gathered by the company from the website is used only for purposes as described below.
Information we may collect from you:
- Emails sent to addresses contained on the website are sent to the people or organisations named in the address. The Company may obtain and save copies of these emails for administrative or marketing purposes. Your email may also be sent to a trusted third party in order to further answer your enquiry. However, your email address will not be sold or otherwise used for disreputable purposes.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (www.unientry.org). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not obliged to respond to them.
- Details of transactions that you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses may be used for analysis of the traffic reaching the site or for the purposes of administering the website. The company does not attempt to link IP addresses to individuals.
- UniEntry will only hold personal information for its registered members – see Membership.
- UniEntry will delete all the personal information it holds that can be associated with a given member within 3 months of their membership being terminated. This includes any back-ups or copies of the data.
- Except as required by law, UniEntry will not disclose to any third party the personal information associated with a given member without that member's permission (or without the permission of the Member Sponsor in the case of a member under the age of 18).
- Member Sponsors are permitted to monitor the online activities of the members they sponsor in order to provide adequate supervision. They are also permitted to view the personal information associated with any member they sponsor with or without that member's permission.
Your use of the website signifies your consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described above. Please contact Will.Stott@UniEntry.org if you have any questions about this statement or about any personal information you believe may have been obtained from you during your visit to the website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data that is submitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we may feel are of interest where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to carry out obligations arising from any contact entered into between you and us
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website
- to notify you about changes to our service
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access requests may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing details of the information we hold about you.
Data Protection Act
We believe that this website complies with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like any information in this regard, please contact Will.Stott@UniEntry.org.